Thursday, April 12, 2007

so...ITS A....???

On Wednesday, Cindy and I headed out to Panorama City for the latest checkup and ultrasound for the baby. Cindy is about 18 weeks into the pregnancy and typically this is the time where we can find out what the baby's gender is.

The question: boy or girl? is such a loaded question. I don't think its really fair, but obviously its an important one. As we all know a person's gender can set them to go through totally different pathways.

Initially, we kinda thought it would be a girl, but that might have just been our own perceptions coming out...at least, my own. I like the idea of a girl because because the first-born usually sets the tone for the rest of the siblings, and a woman can set a needed example for them. I also have many strong women in my life.

I also like the idea of a boy, because I can relate directly to him, not only as a father..but as boy once myself ; ) There will be a lot more vicarious living to be had there, along with a little rug rat to roughhouse with hehe. Also a little junior to carry on your name is something that is always in your mind.

But..regardless of these pros and pros...I don't mind what it is, as long as it is healthy. So we headed into it with an open mindset.

So they brought cindy into the room and she met with the doctors, for what seemed like an hour, only because I was left sitting outside in this long empty hallway at the hospital. The morning shift brings out some weird looking characters at a hospital, all draggin cuz they haven't slept and whatnot. Anyways, I was anxious.

Finally they call me in and Cindy is there on the table and the female nurse begins to pass the ultrasound wand over her...um...womb. Instantly images start to appear on the little screen.

"Whoa, is that a spine.." (it looked like the inside of a tilapia)

"Wait, thats gotta be the head..."

"Why are the legs crossed...the kid's shy he doesn't want us to see wassup down there..."

"Here's his leg fully extended..." (a full extension kick, like "HYAHH!")

then...we noticed that the legs were spread apart, and for about 5 seconds we were looking at this bump that didn't look like a leg, or a head, or an arm, or whatever. the nurse turned to us with kind of this look like, "well..you see it for yourself right?"

"Well it's a boy."

WHOA....that was cool. It's weird though, because all of a sudden all the thoughts and crazy ideas that were swirling around become super focused. Hey..its a boy! Woopee!

I'm glad we found out, its kinda cool to get ready for it. Anyways, we celebrated afterwards with a fine gourmet meal in the hospital cafeteria, poring over the ultrasound pics.

Since, I just started this blog, I haven't put them up yet, but they'll be there shortly.

So, welcome to our adventures in babysitting!!

peace,

Laks

No comments: