Saturday, August 25, 2007

Looking Back...

Whew! What an experience. Cindy and I are still both taking it in and trying to understand what really went down over the last week. It was strange, in the sense that something was telling us that it was going to happen soon. You can tell by Mateyo's "post" the other day, that he sensed it too.

When we got to the hospital at 6am Tuesday morning, all signs pointed towards a typical labor process, but 30 hours into the thing, with an exhausted Mama unable to get that boy out the old-fashioned way (because he decided to try to exit sideways), we were told it was best that he be delivered via c-section. At first, I felt like "why did we just put Cindy through 30 hours of pain if we were just going to opt for surgery", but in the end, we both understood that she tried her hardest to have Mateyo without going that route, and it actually became a much more memorable and epic experience because of it. I love her very much, and after seeing her go through all that...i believe she can kick ass at anything.

Now, comes the next phase of this journey. Have I mentioned that I still haven't had a full-night's sleep, and I suspect this will continue...probably until I get a bill in the mail for his college tuition. In any case, Mateyo is healthy and quite a jokester, loud as a newborn, and cute as can be. His fingers and toes are super long, and his poop doesn't stink....yet. Being born on 8/22 he ended up being right on the border line between a Leo and a Virgo, we joke that he is a "Ligo"...like those Filipino sardines. My whole family is already claiming his looks, but I know he will probably find his own way, and be a little mix of everything. Here's to Mateyo, my life is yours, welcome to this crazy world...make it a better place.

Laks

p.s. more pics, as promised : )










No comments: